What is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative medicine is a group of therapies that enable the body to regenerate and heal aging, damaged, or deteriorating, cells, tissues, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments and organs.
Regenerative therapies utilize the body’s innate healing processes and cellular pathways for the purpose of restoring function and homeostasis in the body.
At INNOVA Medical & Spa we apply regenerative medicine to all aspects of our care. We offer cutting edge treatments that harness all that regenerative medicine has to offer in health, beauty and pain management.
We employ a variety of therapies customized to each individual’s needs to kickstart and optimize the body’s natural healing capacity in order to have patients looking and feeling their best.
Our Regenerative Therapies Include
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Cell Therapies
- Medical Ozone
Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP)
PRP is blood plasma with concentrated platelets. These platelets contain proteins and growth factors that are vital to initiating and accelerating the body’s natural reparative processes.
PRP is a ground-breaking biotechnology that has shown promise in;
· the healing of soft-tissue, ligaments, tendons and bones,
· promoting the development of new blood vessels,
· activating new collagen formation,
· and stimulating the wound healing process.
Cells are the foundation of the body’s growth and repair processes. Regenerative medicine employs cell-based therapies that utilize both biological and autologous allografts.
These allografts are highly adaptable and self-dividing cells that can differentiate into skin, bone, muscle, cartilage, tendon or ligament cells.
Cell Therapies are the most advanced type of regenerative medicine that is available at this time. They are able to;
· encourage the repair and regeneration of damaged joints, ligaments, tendons and tissue,
· facilitate the growth of new blood vessels, which leads to improved blood flow,
· reduce the presence of scar tissue,
· reduce inflammation to aid in healing,
· regulate immune function and response.
Medical Ozone is O3 (three molecules of oxygen), a naturally occurring compound that has vast therapeutic benefits. Medical ozone oxygenates the body, thereby fighting the aging process as well as ongoing chronic pain cycles, and chronic disease. These are often caused by a decrease in the body’s utilized oxygen, and by an excess of free radicals.
· detoxifies the body with its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties,
· reduces inflammation and pain,
· improves circulation and growth factor production,
· enhances the body’s antioxidant response,
· regulates the immune system,
· aids in the production of ATP, the body’s energy source.
“Prolotherapy is a nonsurgical, regenerative injection therapy which activates ligament and tendon reconstruction. It strengthens and allows for the restoration of healthy body function after an injury.
Short for “proliferation therapy,” prolotherapy stimulates the regeneration and growth of tissues by causing a temporary and mild inflammation at the injection site. The inflammation activates collagen production and attracts platelets and growth factors to the area, enabling an injury to heal properly.
Prolotherapy can be combined with PRP as well as ozone for best results.”