Vitamin B-12: Vitamin B12 is a natural vitamin which occurs in the human body. Deficiency in this vitamin can lead to symptoms which include depression and mood disorders, fatigue, memory failure, anemia, low blood pressure, and high homocysteine levels. While the shot addresses B-12 deficiency, it may also be prescribed to boost energy, as a therapy for depression, or to drive cognitive function.
- There are eight essential B complex vitamins:
- Thiamine (B1) – helps body make new cells
- Riboflavin (B2) – fights free radicals
- Niacin (B3) – regulates the nervous & digestive systems
- Pantothenic acid (B5) – responsible for production of hormones
- Pyridoxine (B6) – helps body turn food into energy
- Biotin (B7) – helps body produce hormones
- Folic acid (B9) – helps cells make & maintain DNA
- Cyanocobalamin (B12) – regulates the nervous systemA deficiency in B vitamins can lead to anemia, fatigue, abdominal pain, depression, loss of appetite, numbness and tingling in the arms, muscle cramps, eczema, respiratory infection and birth defects. Most people consume enough B-vitamins in their diet however a deficiency in B vitamins can lead to anemia, fatigue, abdominal pain, depression, loss of appetite, numbness and tingling in the arms, muscle cramps, eczema, respiratory infection, stunted growth in children and birth defects. People with pernicious anemia, athletes, strict vegetarians, and people who consume a lot of alcohol or are coming down with an infection may discover that they are deficient. People who receive a B-complex injection notice improvement in their metabolism, skin health, immune and nervous system function, muscle tone and energy levels.